26.4.06

Muffled screams from yesterday...


Muffled screams.
Coming from under water.
‘Requiem for a dream’.
But it doesn’t matter.
I just need one scream
to scatter
all the frustration!
So much blood on the news today.
‘Les mains sales’ stares at me
Jean Paul Sartre stares at me
right from the coffee table,
and knows what I am talking about.
I don’t care who did what…
Gagged smiles
not to be seen.
Eyes covered by a screen
bleached hair
tweezed eyebrows
naked body
vaguely suppliant
on a divan…
‘kassik’
glasses clink
laughter echoes
lights dim
in the shadows…

(pic: The Scream by Edvard Munch)

3 comments:

Laila K said...

thats exactly what i'm talking about!
and requiem for a dream, what a movie.
my cells died, why do they call them immortalized then!!!

Unknown said...

there's a munch exhibition at moma that i've been dying to go to for a month now. i feel like crap still. kessak

FZ said...

i heard somewhere that "the scream" is atypical for munch...although it seems like the most popular print! i wonder if that's true. i'm dying to get to that moma show too...